ERROR while installing

Discuss any ideas, features, bugs or any other related to IconXT.

Moderator: Cocotteseb

ortizlgnd

Post by ortizlgnd »

I can't seem to get this thing to work on my Samsung I730 ppc. I'm running WM2003se as the OS. I tried installing the CAB and got the following message:

Error
This application (IconXT) requires a newer version of the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework than the version installed on this device.

So I opened the link on your site to download and install NET Compact Framework 2 service pack 1 (the one your site link leads to). I then installed it to my device and again tried to open the InconXT.CAB and STILL I got the same error. What's going wrong?
ortizlgnd

Post by ortizlgnd »

Btw: Before anyone asks, Yes, I made sure to download the WM2003 CAB file. That is why I find this so strange?
Cocotteseb
Site Admin
Devices: Phone : Lumia 950, HTC 8X | Tablet : Acer Iconia W510

Post by Cocotteseb »

Hello ortizlgnd!

You seem to do all right.
So just let check if Compact Framework 2 is correctly installed on your device and which version do you really have.

In order to check if you have the .NET Compact framework 2 installed on your device:
-Go into the Windows folder of your Pocket PC using the file explorer.
-Find a file named "cgacutil" and execute it (yes it is a .exe). It displays the version you have of Compact framework.

If you got a value 1.x.xxxx.x, you have the CF1 installed on your device.
If you got a value 2.x.xxxx.x you have the CF2 installed on your device. xxxx rpresents the build number of your CF2

Please tell which version(s) you get :)

I'm sorry for the problems you encounter. :/
ortizlgnd

Post by ortizlgnd »

Hey, your right. It says Microsoft ® .NET Compact Framework [1.0.4292.00]
ortizlgnd

Post by ortizlgnd »

so how can I get the CF 2 on my device? by the way, I'm at work right now and I dont have activesync on my work PC. does CF 2 come in a CAB version?
Cocotteseb
Site Admin

Post by Cocotteseb »

Ok :)

The short answer is unfortunately no. However, if you are an experienced user you can go in the CF2 directory in program files of your computer and search the corresponding cab to your device. Take care to choose the right one before.
So the best is to install it with activesync :)
ortizlgnd

Post by ortizlgnd »

So that don't install CF2 incorrectly again when I get home from work, can you provide a detailed explaination of how to install it correctly via activesync?
ortizlgnd

Post by ortizlgnd »

oh and also, once i get CF 2 and InconXT installed correctly, how do I install the extra skins such as the Vista RC1 skins? Do I just unzip them and place them into the skins folder in IconXT in my device?
Cocotteseb
Site Admin

Post by Cocotteseb »

Try install the CF2 on a computer you have Activesync on, and if the "cgacutil" still doesn't mention 2.xxxxxx please attache the log file of CF2 installation (located in the root folder of your device)
Yes, and then in IconXT you just need to select Vista RC1 skin and configure your folders!
Let me know how things will progress for you :)
Last edited by Cocotteseb on 21 Dec 2006, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
ortizlgnd

Post by ortizlgnd »

Okay, but where is the root folder located?
ortizlgnd

Post by ortizlgnd »

and how do I attach the Log file, and where do I attach it to? I know, a lot of questions. but hey, that how we learn right?
Cocotteseb
Site Admin

Post by Cocotteseb »

Indeed that is how we learn ;)

Normally under the message you can attach a picture or file. As you mention the log you find the root folder I presume, right? :)