Can't change icons

Discuss any ideas, features, bugs or any other related to IconXT.

Moderator: Cocotteseb

mdegroux

Post by mdegroux »

When I ask to change an icon, it does nothing. And on some items when I click the apply button, I have a message saying me that an error message can't be displayed because an assembly is missing.

Can someone help me?
Thx
Cocotteseb
Site Admin
Devices: Phone : Lumia 950, HTC 8X | Tablet : Acer Iconia W510

Post by Cocotteseb »

Hello mdegroux,

Which mode do you use? The predefined one or the custom one?

"I have a message saying me that an error message can't be displayed because an assembly is missing."
Can you check if it is only for some folders and which ones? Moreover which language are you running?

Thx
mdegroux

Post by mdegroux »

I'm using the predifined mode. The message I get is only for some folders.

My PPC is running WM 5 French with .Net CF 2.0 SP1

I tried the custom mode and it also does nothing.
Last edited by mdegroux on 19 Jan 2007, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
Cocotteseb
Site Admin

Post by Cocotteseb »

What interests me is to know which folders (my music, program files,??). Indeed I suspect they do not exist or are named differently on your Pocket PC.
You can check the name and path for the folders in the .XML file called FolderInfo.xml.

Due to your rom language I assume you are french (comme moi ;) ), so there is a great tutorial here:
<a href='http://qtek9100.forumpro.fr/ftopic4024. ... ssiers.htm' target='_blank'>http://qtek9100.forumpro.fr/ftopic4024. ... ers.htm</a>

Hope this helps :)
mdegroux

Post by mdegroux »

I tried all folders and followed the tutorial and it doesn't works.

Some folders have the same name, some doesn't exist and and some have a different name in the foldersinfo.xml

oui je suis fran?ais ;)
Cocotteseb
Site Admin

Post by Cocotteseb »

OK MP sent ;)
phoenix15976

Post by phoenix15976 »

I am failing to use iconxt to modify the folders. I have copied the folder skins to the relevant folder and when I try to apply it keeps giving me an error message which says:

"An unexpected error has occured in IconXT.exe. Select quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more info. An error message cannot be displayed because an optional resource assembly containing it cannot be found"

Selecting details givesd me a whole lot of "nonsense" to me. What could be the problem?
Cocotteseb
Site Admin

Post by Cocotteseb »

phoenix15976 wrote: I am failing to use iconxt to modify the folders. I have copied the folder skins to the relevant folder and when I try to apply it keeps giving me an error message which says:

"An unexpected error has occured in IconXT.exe. Select quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more info. An error message cannot be displayed because an optional resource assembly containing it cannot be found"

Selecting details givesd me a whole lot of "nonsense" to me. What could be the problem?
Hi phoenix15976!

Welcome to our forums! :)

Which version of IconXT do you use?
Can you also send me the details informations?
Last edited by Cocotteseb on 21 Feb 2007, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
phoenix15976

Post by phoenix15976 »

Cocotteseb wrote:
phoenix15976 wrote: I am failing to use iconxt to modify the folders. I have copied the folder skins to the relevant folder and when I try to apply it keeps giving me an error message which says:

Hi phoenix15976!

Welcome to our forums! :)

Which version of IconXT do you use?
Can you also send me the details informations?
Thanks man, I finally managed to install. What I did was to replace the skin stated Crystal (which is the default) and renamed the Vista skin I wanted to use to Crystal. Then everything just flowed. This is an amazing piece of software, it has made my PPC look like a PC :D.

Oh, and great site too!
Cocotteseb
Site Admin

Post by Cocotteseb »

phoenix15976 wrote: Thanks man, I finally managed to install. What I did was to replace the skin stated Crystal (which is the default) and renamed the Vista skin I wanted to use to Crystal. Then everything just flowed. This is an amazing piece of software, it has made my PPC look like a PC :D.

Oh, and great site too!
I'm happy it works now :)

And thanks for your comments! :)
crazyjoezx

Post by crazyjoezx »

hello, im kinda stuck here tried everything that was posted above with no luck..i have WM5 on a treo 700xp and im running the newst iconxt..heres what i did

installed net 2>installed iconxt>renamed vistaRC1 to Crystal>put it in the "Crystal" skin folder >loaded up icontx from the phone >selected "folder icons">picked Crystal set and clicked next>for config i picked predefined and chose "my device" >hit next>checked customize folder icon>clicked apply changes>stat bar went form 0% to 100%....nothing happend...so i clicked close on the right side...still nothing..exited the program still nothing..

well im not sure what im doing wrong i hope a broke it down enough where you can see where my mess up was ..i did get the error the 1st time that said "an error message can't be displayed because an assembly is missing." but doesnt always pop up now...

any help would be great ,i really wanna use this app looks really nice in the screen shots :(

thanks
joe
Cocotteseb
Site Admin

Post by Cocotteseb »

crazyjoezx wrote: hello, im kinda stuck here tried everything that was posted above with no luck..i have WM5 on a treo 700xp and im running the newst iconxt..heres what i did

installed net 2>installed iconxt>renamed vistaRC1 to Crystal>put it in the "Crystal" skin folder >loaded up icontx from the phone >selected "folder icons">picked Crystal set and clicked next>for config i picked predefined and chose "my device" >hit next>checked customize folder icon>clicked apply changes>stat bar went form 0% to 100%....nothing happend...so i clicked close on the right side...still nothing..exited the program still nothing..

well im not sure what im doing wrong i hope a broke it down enough where you can see where my mess up was ..i did get the error the 1st time that said "an error message can't be displayed because an assembly is missing." but doesnt always pop up now...

any help would be great ,i really wanna use this app looks really nice in the screen shots :(

thanks
joe
Hello,

Sorry for my late answer. :(
Can you send me by mail the IconXT folder (without the .exe). So I can look into it.

Thanx