IconXT 0.8.5 released!

Discuss any ideas, features, bugs or any other related to IconXT.

Moderator: Cocotteseb

Cocotteseb
Site Admin
Devices: Phone : Lumia 950, HTC 8X | Tablet : Acer Iconia W510

Post by Cocotteseb »

We are delighted to announce you the release of the lastest version of IconXT 0.8.5 release!
After approximately one year of silence, I?m really excited to view IconXT publicy back. :)
There are lots of new features and enhancements since 0.2 release.

For this big release the forum has been refreshed and reorganised. It is also the case of the main site, which contains some interesting informations! (http://www.jdhsoftware.com/)

Note to VGA Users : After the first launch of IconXT, please go on tools>options and check VGA

Note 2: IconXT is fully compatible with Windows Mobile 2003/SE Operating System.
The .cab is theorically compatible with WM2005 but has not been tested. If you to try , PLEASE back up your device before and report me any feedback (positive or negative). If it doesn't work on WM2005, a few motivated testers will be very helpful!
This build isn't compatible yet with PPC2002 Operating System. However, if some PPC2002 users are interested, I'll be pleased to test a special release with them.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>What's new?</span>

To view the complete developpment log, please check the version history here :
<a href='http://www.jdhsoftware.com/index.php?fi ... on_History' target='_blank'>http://www.jdhsoftware.com/index.php?fi ... History</a>

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Skins Support*:</span>

One of the main features is the skin support. Now the skins files are .dll files. The library dll are completely written from scratch and all icons are reorganised inside. The size is also reduced from 293Ko to 268 Ko. In IconXT folder there is a folder Skins, just put the dll libraries into here and IconXT will detect it automatically.
Some skins are already available here :
*For skinners: This new version delivers a new way of skinning but isn?t publicy available because it requires some technical knowledge. I intend to make a little desktop utility to make skins. To read more how to make skins for IconXT, please read the new skinning guide from the following URL:*soon* :unsure:

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Fully language support</span>

IconXT now supports a complete language translation. Languages available are English, French (of course) and German (Thanks to Dotterbart!)
Please contact me if you want to see your language in IconXT.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Tree Browser Integrated</span>

For what is this feature will you ask me! Well it will give you the possibility to skin any folder you want (no longer only specific folders such as My documents,..) with the icon you want. The main advantage is that with this way all pocket pc with any language roms are able use IconXT (even if defined folders function will unavailable, except if your language is supported)

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Design Enhancements</span>

If you know IconXT 0.2 you see a a great improvement concerning the interface, which looks now a lot more finished.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Downloads</span>

The new version of IconXT can be downloaded using the following URL:
<a href='http://www.jdhsoftware.com/index.php?fi ... _Downloads' target='_blank'>http://www.jdhsoftware.com/index.php?fi ... wnloads</a>
Please uninstall your old IconXT version before installing the new one.

Finally, I really hope that you will enjoy the new version of IconXT!
I also want to thank all the users that helped me during the beta test, the new graphics all around IconXT (Mickesjo!), new translation versions (Dotterbart!).

Enjoy! B)
Last edited by Cocotteseb on 15 Apr 2006, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
Xcilion
Starting Member

Post by Xcilion »

I think i'm going to test it on my Axim x51v (VGA, WM5).
First i'm going to do a smart back up. I will let you know what happends.
New website! Click on signature.
KSV

Post by KSV »

Cocotteseb wrote: <span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Fully language support</span>

IconXT now supports a complete language translation. Languages available are English, French (of course) and German (Thanks to Dotterbart!)
Please contact me if you want to see your language in IconXT.
It seems will be good practice if IconXT will work in English by default, if no language resource file for current user locale found.

I have Russian locale (ru-RU), but English Windows GUI. IconXT is not works, it writes: "Your language isn't supported for the feature determined folders".

I can help you to add Russian resources, please send me sources of resource dll, I can correct resource strings there. Or you can send me list of terms, and I'll send back the translation (but it can be not easy for you if you can't read cyrillic letters ;) ).

Thanks for the good program!
I hope very soon I can use it with my native locale :)
Cocotteseb
Site Admin
Devices: Phone : Lumia 950, HTC 8X | Tablet : Acer Iconia W510

Post by Cocotteseb »

Oops answer by mail!
So yes just the feature determined folders is desativated for non supported language as Russian. But Custom skin will work for everybody! :) (ps we are in 0.8.7 version now :P )